Outreach at St. Clement’s
Our Call to Action
Outreach activities at St. Clement’s are coordinated by the Peace & Reconciliation Committee. This Committee seeks to respond faithfully to God’s call to us “to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God” (Micah 6:8). We also want to answer “Yes!” in our daily lives to the questions central to the baptismal vows of the Episcopal Church:
- “Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself?”
- “Will you strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being?”
The prayer of St. Francis
Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where; there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light where there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.
Our Current Activities
The Committee focuses on three types of activities:
- Caring for homeless persons: Supporting the Welcome INN (Interfaith Needs Network) food program by coordinating monthly bag lunch preparation and distribution, and collecting clothing to be distributed twice a year. Learn more here.
- Caring for the working poor: Partnering with Christ Lutheran Church to offer a LaundryLove site once a month in south San Clemente. Learn more here.
- Caring for members of the military: Serving the military community through participation in the San Clemente Military Family Outreach (SCMFO). Learn more here.
We are also participating with other faith communities in joint activities, including:
- A social justice discussion group, based on books that we select as a group. This new group will meet once a month on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 in the St. Clement’s library.
Please Join Us!
Everyone has a special talent or gift to offer that will improve the lives of others as you share God’s love. We invite you to join us as a member of the Peace & Reconciliation Committee or as a volunteer for a specific project.
We need your help with:
- Making bag lunches once a month to distribute to people living on the street.
- Buying food and coordinating the lunch-making. This rotates among St. Clement’s services, so each service is responsible for this activity once every 3 months.
- Volunteering for LaundryLove.
- Volunteering for special projects.
Please contact the Church Office (949-492-3401) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to sign up for the next Committee meeting, or to volunteer.